Monday, January 25, 2016

Uncle Tom's Cabin

My husband recently told me about a novel called Uncle Tom's Cabin, I decided to read the book and it has given me a new outlook on life. The book came out this year in 1852 and it was published by Harriet Beecher Stowe. The book gives a powerful outlook on slavery, it brings to my attention things I take for granted and haven't thought about before. I haven't witnessed all the horrors of slavery but through this book I feel as though I have, the main character, Uncle Tom makes slavery seem so real to those who have never experienced it. Uncle Tom is pictured as very gentle there is also a scared slave mother and slave sellers some kind and others cruel. This book has inspired the north to do something but I'm scared of the South's reaction, with the north being persuaded that slavery is so bad this can't be good for the south.
"Uncle Tom's Cabin by Shmoop." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 22 Feb. 2016.
"UTC: History of the Book in the 19th Century U.S." UTC: History of the Book in the 19th Century U.S. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Feb. 2016.

1 comment:

  1. Your content is very thorough, analytical and detailed. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete